This Israeli-inspired, make-ahead marinated salad tastes amazing and can be a lifesaver for a last minute healthy dinner side dish. It can be all too easy to eat out of a bag or a box, so a little preparation can go a long way towards simplifying healthy meals.
Make this the night before or the morning of. Marinating it makes all the flavors infuse!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs rosemary infused apple cider vinegar (or any ACV)
- 1 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- S & P to taste
- 2 cucumbers, quartered lengthwise and seeded, then chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted & cut into chunks
Whisk the dressing well and then toss with the cucumber and artichokes. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Add the avocados and gently toss before serving.
Top with za’atar and hemp seeds for a flavor and protein boost!